- Press Releases
- Altran at the Mobile World Congress 2017
- Altran at the Paris Motor Show 2016
- Altran at the PDA Europe Annual Meeting 2016
- Altran 2020. Ignition
- Women's Forum 2015
- Altran at the Paris Air Show 2015
- Media library
Disrupting Aerospace – the opportunity from Big Data, IoT and Industry 4.0.
What is the reality, the opportunity and the risks arising from the key disruptive technologies in aviation?
Part 1: Big Data
Part 2: Industry 4.0
Moderators: Keith Williams and Pascal Brier
The conference will examine the facts, opportunities and inherent risks behind the key disruptive technologies of the Internet of Things, Big Data and Industry 4.0 – three major trends that are said to lay the foundation for the next industrial revolution.
While these technologies are clearly at the top of the “hype cycle,” they are also about to cause – and in some cases have already caused – a major upheaval in all industries, including aviation.
This disruption will affect all aspects of the value chain,
- Enabling the creation of new services for professionals and end clients alike;
- Facilitating the development of Smart Factories, which are expected to be highly automated, efficient and capable of integrating the entire value chain;
- Changing the way professionals and end-users experience different aspects of aviation, be it through the arrival of commercial electronics in the cockpit or co-operating robots in the factory;
- Enabling new levels of customisation and adaptation through additive fabrication; creating new business models that are very different from conventional aviation norms;
- Providing a window for new entrants into the normally closed world of the aviation industry.
Altran will gather two panels of leading speakers to address:
- Big Data The Internet of Things
- Industry 4.0 with a focus on Additive and Smart Manufacturing
Both panels will explore the impact of these technologies and how organisations can successfully adopt them while avoiding disappointments and wasted investments.
Regardless of the “hype cycle”, no organisation can ignore the impact of these technologies on their products, services and production methods. Join Altran at the Smart Revolution in the ASD Sector conference and take part in a pragmatic, informed and lively debate.
Executive Director Intelligent Systems