The power and utilities industry must invest in cleaner energy sources, optimize assets and client interaction and capture value from the digital disruption. Equipment manufacturers need to adapt their product portfolios and geographic reach, while improving operational efficiencies.
increase in world energy consumption between 2012 and 2040
share of power generation from renewables in 2040
forecast rise in CO2 emissions between 2012 and 2040
Low oil prices have led to limited exploration and production in Oil and Gas and impacted the revenues of traditional producers. Attention is increasingly turning to renewable sources like wind and solar. At the same time, nuclear investments are increasing across the globe – both in terms of new installations and the huge potential market in decommissioning. Meanwhile, digital transformation is disrupting the entire Energy value chain and challenging players to improve performance and generate new revenue streams.
Altran is an end-to-end engineering solution provider for utilities and equipment manufacturers to increase their engineering quality and performance while optimizing costs and meeting stringent compliance, safety and security standards:
- Complex industrial installation engineering and project management (from building to decommissioning)
- Nuclear physics and engineering
- Compliance, safety and security (including cybersecurity)
- Instrumentation and Control
Altran provides tailored IoT and analytics services and solutions to transform data into new revenue streams for its clients and boost industrial performance, while ensuring cybersecurity:
- Digital strategy & roadmap
- Plant digitization
- Smart Grids, with VueForge® for Electric Grid Asset Management
- Analytics services, particularly to improve efficiency of drilling operations for the Oil & Gas industry
Altran has developed key expertise in renewable energies (wind, solar, hydro and tidal) and is a trusted partner for renewable product and farms development and optimization:
- Business & technical consultancy
- Design and development of renewable power module and solutions
- Engineering and optimization of renewable farms
Energy specialists in over 15 countries
VueForge®: Electric Grid Asset Management
Discover how our integrated platform is extending asset lifetimes and delivering substantial cost savings.
The product value stream is the base of our methodology:
- Market development : market watch, innovation management, product portfolio and roadmap management
- Product development : design and engineering, project management
- Product delivery : supply chain, manufacture and build
- Client services : distribution and support
OUR CASE STUDIES
RULES: a new tool for the nuclear industry
Our innovative solution offers a sophisticated means of evaluating nuclear plant life expectancy.
World Class Center Analytics
Tessella – our World Class Center for Analytics – uses data science to accelerate decision-making.
Our expertise centers
Security and privacy in a world of Machine-Driven Big Data
The IoT and industrial Big Data technology are generating increasing concerns over security.DOWNLOAD
Our key assets in Energy
Over 30 years'
Experience in the industry
With major energy players
Leveraging cross-industry synergies
That address the global energy value chain
Seamless worldwide delivery
Based on our network of Global Delivery Centers
In-depth industry-specific business knowledge
With industry norms, standards & requirements