We develop complete mechanical structures, such as automobile chassis and wind turbine blades. These structures require profound expertise in all aspects of physical engineering such as thermodynamics, material science, acoustics, and aerodynamics, combined with the ability to use all the latest simulation and modelling tools…
Mechanical engineering activities are undergoing fundamental shifts across 3 main dimensions:
- Business global transformation: Product-based business models are being disrupted by service & lifecycle-based business models. This trend implies an industrial shift from product to product-as-a-service.
- Ecological concern: New environmental norms and safety protocols are challenging customers to change and upgrade their technologies, consistently focusing on the operating efficiency of their products.
- Digital transformation: Industries face twin challenges of continuous product development and developing new services. New skills are needed in a world of smart products and imply a transformation of core multi-disciplinary engineering, next-generation technologies, and Industry 4.0.
WHAT WE DELIVER
Altran Global Service Line specialized in Mechanical Engineering leverages deep mechanical domain skills & cooperation across and beyond multiple industries in order to form scalable ecosystems that allow us to lead the convergence of the physical & digital worlds.
- We offer Intelligent Design and Engineering by deploying robust processes from concept to industrialization including the quality of service, domain expertise, market value, familiarity with requirements, and the transformation of how products are designed, engineered, manufactured and deployed throughout their whole product life.
- We continually upgrade digital capabilities to cope with continuously changing customer and end-user demands and support the change from product to product-as- a-service.
- We produce the legacy mechanical engineering at lower cost to ensure price competitiveness and margins for our customers in light of intensified competition and increasingly cost-conscious customers taking on a TCO perspective.
MECHANICAL DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Our offers cover all the engineering needed for complex mechanical systems, from the concept phase and preliminary design to detailed design and start of production. We have specific industry offers demonstrating our deep vertical expertise.
- Body-In-White & Equipment (for Automotive)
- Train Design & Innovation
- Aircraft Overall Design
- Space Systems Development
- Turbomachinery & powertrain
- Material sciences & process engineering
FLUIDS, THERMAL & PHYSICS ENGINEERING SERVICES
Our offers cover all the physical engineering activities needed for mechanical design, including modelling and simulation of complex systems, thermodynamics, acoustics, fluid mechanics, aerodynamics, material, and energy science. Our offers also cover the improvement of the processes and tools needed for the design of products & systems and related manufacturing & operation processes.
- Process & Tools development for multi-criteria design
- Parametric and Automated design
- Digital Chaining & Digital Twin
- Fluids & Thermal Engineering
- Flight physics
- Nuclear Physics
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR NEXT CORE PORTFOLIO
OUR SUCCESS STORIES
GERMAN AUTOMOTIVE OEM
We won awards for a German Automotive OEM project for developing the conception and prototyping phases (BIW and exterior equipment development, electronics integration, physical testing of the purchases components, CAE simulation as well as physical mock-ups), helping develop vehicles with the best economic performance thanks to Global Engineering Center delivery for part of the CAD and CAE activities.
We performed topology optimization of a thrust reverser fitting & proposed a new design: shifting from an assembly composed of 5 parts to a single part (weight saving of almost 50% with iso-performances compared to the initial part have been achieved.)
We studied & optimized, using CFD and thermal simulations, the time involved and homogeneity of ‘cooking’ composite aircraft wings. The studies have allowed businesses to save more than 10% on the cooking time.
ROLLING STOCK OEM
Our client has placed its trust in Altran to carry out Train Design activities for the Maryland tramway. We successfully delivered the interior design and installation mechanical design with the complete set of assembly drawings necessary for the train manufacturing in compliance with the client’s requirements in a very challenging timeline.