Life Sciences manufacturing must become more agile & cost-efficient.
The industry needs to embrace Digital Technologies to transform the operations.
The Life Sciences industry is facing major challenges: payers’ pressures to reduce costs, decline in R&D productivity, shift to personalized therapies, fast-growing competition of emerging markets… They need to transform production & supply chain to make them more efficient, flexible and agile.
Digital can unlock a new wave of performance improvement for Life Sciences companies :
- Digitalization helps securing process robustness and proving stability on batch level, as medicine is shifting from the one-drug-fits-all approach towards individualized therapies, and processes need to move from big batches to small ones.
- Advanced connected solutions can offer a 360-degree view of plant operations with the ability to drill down to any level of detail at any stage of product development, to enable tracking & tracing across the whole supply chain.
- In a strongly regulated environment with stringent constraints on product quality, there is no place for human error. Digital solutions, including IoT, mixed realities and smart automation reduce the risks of human error.
productivity boost when collaborative robotics is implemented
reduction of unplanned downtime of equipment thanks to Industrial IoT solutions
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION
We help our clients achieve quantified performance improvement with advanced digital & automation technologies.
With a unique engineering background and approach of manufacturing processes’ digital transformation combining operational value focus, human centricity and innovation @ scale, we enable Life Sciences manufacturing evolving towards more efficient & flexible supply chains through paperless processes, zeroing human error, a higher degree of automation & strong integration between machines, people & central systems.
We help our clients to make the right choices that deliver change at scale in their manufacturing environments with industrial digital solutions:
- Supporting operators in their daily tasks
- Predicting production performance, quality and productivity
- Automating processes and increase throughput
- Enabling better decision-making on resource allocations and reduced lead-times
Transformation is about concrete value delivery. We help Life Sciences companies in their manufacturing transformation to improve industrial performance. We leverage digital technologies to achieve manufacturing excellence.
Architecture and Solutions
- Life Sciences manufacturing operations strongly rely on people, at all stages of the production & assembly process
- We define and implement digital assistance to improve the performance & safety of operators, technicians and shop floor managers
- Paperless processes, AR & VR training & support in shop floor & QC labs
- Designing or optimizing complex manufacturing operations right first time has strong CAPEX impact
- We define & implement predictive models to improve the decision making process at all levels of the manufacturing organization
- Digital simulations & predictive analytics of production processes in design, re-design or continuous improvement
- Our Life Sciences clients are looking for focused automation insertion in their manufacturing operations, in respect of regulatory & human factors
- We help them targeting the adequate level of automation and defining the technical specifications of the automated process
- Digital and cyber-physical systems (robotics, cobotics) in production or supply chain
MONITORING & CONTROL
- The Life Sciences industry is looking for leaner & optimized manufacturing execution
- We help our clients architecting & deploying connectivity & analytics solutions to integrate systems, people & machines so that the whole manufacturing organization has better visibility & control on the operations
- SCADA and MES combined to shop floor connectivity, sensorization, IoT and analytics
Altran World Class Center: Advanced Manufacturing
The profusion of new technologies available for manufacturing activities creates a whole new set of opportunities to improve factories’ productivity. The WCC Advanced Manufacturing helps industrial leaders in making the right choices and strategies to leverage fully the Industry 4.0 revolution.
SYSTEMATIC BREAKTHROUGH IN PERFORMANCE
We were trusted to lead the transformation of a pharmaceutical manufacturer to significantly increase throughput and productivity, implementing a combination of lean practices, process automation, digital frameworks and organizational changes, delivering a sustainable two-digits increase every year.
As part of the digital transformation roadmap, this global life sciences company partnered with us to develop digital assistance to the QC Lab technicians, using Spatial Augmented Reality and connectivity to increase the efficiency of the operations and the quality of the execution of the processes.
DEPLOYMENT OF INDUSTRIAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS
A generics drug manufacturer, after testing the feasibility and impact of implementing an Electronic Batch Record, trusted us for the full deployment of the solution at corporate level, combining operations improvement (standardization of the manufacturing guides, re-organization, etc.) and technology deployment (MES architecture, design and implementation).
GLOBAL LIFE SCIENCES COMPANY
BATCH FAILURE PREDICTION
Dimensionality reduction on the time series and clustering algorithms revealed a method for automatically predicting bad batches. Follow on work identified a faulty centrifuge. Implementation of predictive analytics algorithms is now saving over $1 Million per year.
OUR WHITE PAPERS
Virtual factory of the future
Although this initiative is often associated with the introduction of new technologies in factories, the fourth industrial revolution is a much broader concept that encompasses profound transformations throughout the industrial value chain.Download