made by Altran Italy
months development project
Successful Experimentation at the International Space Station
The POP3D (Portable On Board 3D Printer) goal is the transfer Additive Manufacturing Technology to 3D-print in µ Gravity context for spacecrafts applications.
Objective of the investigation was to prove FDM viability for making plastic objects onboard the International Space Station.
E2E Design & Development from concept to product facing challenging product requirements implementation (µ Gravity, safety, usabality usability & human machine interface) and involving different engineering disciplines:
– Electrical/Electronic components Engineering & Design
– Mechanical Product Design
– Addictive Manufacturing & 3D Printing process know how
– Product qualification for space station application
– Prototyping and manufacturing
What we deliver
Stand - alone Payload