Altran Portugal in its mission promotes the success of its Customers businesses, stimulating its development, its growth and the improvement of its profitability, aiming at the provision of a quality service and putting its capacities to the service of the needs and expectations of the its customers and interested parts, while maintaining respect for the values that defend.
Taking into account this reference, the Top Management of Altran Portugal establishes and maintains the following quality policy by which all the activities of the company are developed:
- The Top Management will show leadership and commitment, and bear the responsibility for establish, review, maintain and continuously improving the Quality Management System ensuring that is compatible with the strategic direction, purpose and context of the organization.
- The Quality Management commitment assumed by the company should be systematically and progressively reviewed and shared by the entire management team, based on compliance with legal, regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Everyone contributes for the continuous improvement ensured through everyone’s participation and involvement for the benefit of customers and all interested parts.
- The permanent focus on the Company Mission, driven by economic, financial, and environmental results that allow the company’s sustainable development in the short, medium, and long term, is supported by relevant objectives, targets and processes, clearly oriented to the requirements, needs and expectations of Customers and interested parts.
- Periodic assessment of Customer’s satisfaction, requirements, needs and expectations, and appropriate treatment of identified improvement areas is a goal to be shared by all.
- Focusing on the knowledge and development of the full potential of all employees, at the level of the individual and the teams, is an essential condition for ensuring customer satisfaction and process efficiency. Through direction and support, each employee will have a proper understanding of the importance of the Quality System function, their responsibility to contribute to its effectiveness, and its direct relevance to the success of the company.
- Adoption of a conduct that is not biased, but fair and rigorous in the selection of suppliers, on-going an assessment of their performance, and in the evaluation of the products and services provided.
- Identification and delivering on time to the organization the resources necessary and sufficient to achieve the objectives and targets set, the simplification and optimization of processes, is the support of the continuous improvement and the performance of the Quality Management System.
- Implement a policy of continuous improvement of performance evaluation systems and setting of quality objectives in order to address the risks and opportunities determined by Top Management and react quickly to changes, developing systems of initiative in order to improve the efficiency of our response.
- The Quality System will be monitored, measured, evaluated and enhanced regularly under the Top Management’s ultimate responsibility taking accountability of the effectiveness of the quality management system.
This Policy must be disclosed to all employees.
The Research, Innovation and Development Policy of Altranportugal, S.A. relies on five principles:
- Stimulate and support the rising of new ideas and their development in a systematic and constant approach, aiming to strengthen competitive advantages and market positioning;
- Promote the management of external interfaces and organization of innovation processes, in order to ensure the circulation and transfer of knowledge between the innovative activity of the organization and its environment;
- Promote an objective-directed management and continuously monitor process indicators, so as to increase innovation performance within the organization;
- Continuously improve the effectiveness of innovation activities, not only by adequately reacting to failures but also anticipating potential problems;
- Ensure a high level of competence of all the employees by ensuring the development of the necessary skills for research, development and innovation;
Information security policy
The Information Security Policy of Altranportugal, S.A. has the following general objectives:
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, traceability and availability of information in the organization, which must be always protected and available for the business processes, projects and services that need it;
- Protect the information managed by the organization against any undue, accidental or deliberate treatment of internal or external origin, preventing possible security incidents;
- Reduce the vulnerability of the company’s assets to the level of security and the potential impact of identified risks, through appropriate risk assessment and management, and implementation of controls;
- Ensure the processing and storage of the information in accordance with all legal regulations in force.
These objectives are aligned with the company’s strategy and business requirements covering all areas of Altranportugal, S.A., namely administrative, commercial and technical (projects and services).
The Top management of Altranportugal, S.A. is committed to support the objectives and principles of this policy, and to ensure the necessary means for their implementation and maintenance.
The Top management of Altranportugal, S.A., designates as Manager of Information Security the person responsible for information systems of the company, which has responsibility in the scope of this policy to manage the ISMS – Information Security Management System.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- Compliance with the contractual security obligations of the organization with its internal and external customers.
- Compliance with current legislation and applicable regulations on security related to computer security, security of buildings and facilities, and behaviour of employees and third parties in the use of existing information within the framework of the ISMS.
- Alignment of the Security Policy with the Quality and Delivery Policies as well as with any other policy or standard that applies to the whole organization.
- Establishment of an adequate response capacity to the occurrence of emergency situations, establishing business continuity and recovery plans that must be reviewed, updated and validated periodically.
- Establishment of a system for detecting, analysing, reporting and correcting possible gaps in information security.
- Establishment of an adequate training, education and awareness-raising process for all employees, who will be held responsible and punished for violations of the rules underlying this policy.
- The objective of the organization, simplification and optimization of processes and resources is the support of the continuous improvement of the Information Security Management.
Health and Safety at Work Policy
The Policy of Health and Safety at Work of Altranportugal, S.A. evidences the commitment of the Altran Portugal Top Management in the implementation of management requirements of the Policy of Health and Safety at Work deriving from the Portuguese norm.
The Altran Portugal Top Management aims to constantly strengthen the safety culture by developing awareness and availability of resources to:
- Promote and ensure a safe and healthy work environment for its employees;
- Minimize the risks to people and facilities that may arise from the development of their activities;
- Recognize work safety as an influential part of the performance of everyone;
- Comply with legislation regarding safety and health at work;
- Encourage and motivate employees to ensure their safety and to identify and communicate all situations of non-safety;
- Commit to continuous improvement.
No situation of urgency or service can justify endangering the integrity of one or his life. We must bear in mind that the success of our Policy depends on the commitment of each and every one of us.
Altran Portugal’s commitment to project/ service delivery:
- This policy is aligned with the remaining policies that exist at Altran Portugal that are applicable to the entire organization.
- Provide an adequate quality management of projects and services at Altran Portugal.
- Assure the compliance of current legislation, regulatory authorities and regulations, information security, computing, security of buildings and facilities, ethical behaviour of employees and third parties involved in the use of information contained in the IMS (Integrated Management System) and ADMS (Altran Delivery Management System).
- The Programme Office (PO) contributes to the organizational objectives, in particular those regarding financial targets, through the implementation of projects and services that fulfil the agreed contractual parameters. Also contribute in the simplification and optimization of processes and resources by supporting the IMS and ADMS’ continuous improvement.
- The PO follows the IMS and ADMS processes that comply with the standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013, IDI NP4457:2007, ISO 20000:2018, ISO 13485:2016, ASPICE v3.1 model, TISAX Maturity Level 3 and the model CMMI-DEV v1.3 Maturity Level 3, which allow for corresponding certifications and maturity ratings.
- The projects/services developed in the scope of the PO focus on the rigorous application of project management practices (mainly PMBoK, for project management and ITIL, for service management), as a way to deliver quality products and services to clients in the agreed contractual terms.
- All projects and services must have budgeting and accounting for all their components. Distribute indirect costs and allocating direct costs to projects and services, to provide an overall cost for each project and service. Ensure effective financial control and approval.
- Increase the efficiency of the delivery and support processes, analysing lessons learnt and improvement suggestions, always with focus on the projects and services delivery continuous improvement.
- Assure the compliance of the service level agreements and other contractual obligations between Altran Portugal and its clients and suppliers as well as management of possible incidents and problems.
- Ensure the establishment of a release policy stating the frequency and type of releases, in agreement with the clients.
- Ensure the provision of resources.
- The human resources team that participates in PO projects has both the adequate skills and training which enable them to perform their designated and accepted roles and tasks.
- Ensure the capacity to respond to emergency situations, establishing business continuity plans that should be periodically reviewed, updated and validated.
For risk management the policy is:
- Define a risk management system compliant with the requirements and best practices provided by the standards and models stated above that can detect, analyse, report, act and correct potential threats or gaps Altran Portugal’s projects and services, including information security and/or shortcomings in the defined service level agreements.
- Define a dedicated risk management strategy for Medical devices products based on ISO 14971:2019 requirements.
- Reduction of the risks associated with service delivery continuity, protecting the infrastructure that supports the services and the information managed by them against any undue, accidental or deliberate of internal or external origin, preventing possible security incidents and reducing their potential impact.
For change management the policy is:
- Ensure the fulfilment of the requirements for design and transition of new or changed services.
- Ensure that all the CIs (Configuration Items) are under the control of change management, and all changes are analysed according to the defined criteria to determine changes with the potential to have a major impact on services or the client.
The Altran Portugal, S.A. management, is committed to support the objectives and principles of this policy, and to ensure the necessary means for its implementation and maintenance.
These policies were approved by the ADMS Committee in a meeting with the ADMS Manager and ADMS Quality Manager.