The Intelligent Systems Expertise Centre of Altran UK specialises in the design and construction of high-integrity systems and software, including those with the most demanding safety, security and business requirements.
passengers on aircraft controlled by NATS iFACTS
defects per ksloc in the 100ksloc MULTOS CA, one year after delivery
of our staff have postgraduate qualifications
Correctness by Construction
We have delivered novel and highly critical systems in the most demanding industries, including nuclear, finance, rail, aerospace, defence, medical and automotive. Our work has met or exceeded the most stringent standards set by regulators across the world.
Our specific capabilities include:
- Full-lifecycle systems and software development from requirements through to delivery including hardware design, procurement and integration.
- Requirements Engineering for high-integrity systems, using our renowned REVEAL method.
- Verification-driven software process design for critical systems, including the adoption of Agile and Lean practices in our High-Integrity Agile framework.
- Managing engagement with regulators such as CAA, MoD, FAA, NSA and so on.
- Procurement and integration strategy, including specification of hardware, COTS and custom components and their integration in a single engagement.
- Programming language design and verification tools for high-integrity software, including the SPARK (http://www.spark-2014.org/about) approach.
- Independent audit and assessment services for your team or your suppliers.
Keynote customers and full-lifecycle projects include:
- NATS iFACTS — providing predictive tools for the UK’s en-route air traffic.
- BAE Systems Spearfish Safety Electronics Unit.
- Network Rail COMPASS (DMWS) — System development for degraded‑mode operations.
- Rolls-Royce — in-flight health monitoring software for Trent series engines.
- MBDA UK — secure code-signing and cryptographic libraries for embedded in-service reprogramming.
- NSA Tokeneer — demonstrating cost-effective, secure software development.
Delivers critical systems with assurance and flexibility while maintaining schedule and cost.Download